Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Thank you NAD Law Advocacy for responsed back to my another email again about 3 or 4 times! Wow!
Let you know that I just did joined NAD member. Go look at 2 video response comments from this DeafTV Video link: http://www.deafvideo.tv/watch/6203
Thanks NAD Law Advocacy for your own time watching my vlog 3 times and your wonderful kindly response to my email.
Warm ASL Respectfully Yours, Shawn
Monday, February 25, 2008
Thank you Note for NAD President, Bobbie Scoggins for forwarding my email to NAD Law Advocacy! Hope that NAD will be more PROACTIVE working together with other some National Deaf Organizations to have more support the ASL Education by improving far more better future Deaf Children Education as soon as possible... We need to have more peaceful (not enemy) in our future Deaf community. I understand that the Deafness Research Foundation took advantage of 11 or 10 organizations by helping to get the US Goverment to work out the US Laws with the Federal Health Care Insurance to have CI and Oral education only to be COVERAGE but NOT ASL Education. We need to have ASL education to be covered by the Federal Health Care Insurance to prevent the early language delayed and problems for some Deaf children who can be can be more benefit from bilingual development education with more RESPECT. We need all RESPECT each other in our future Deaf children education and future Deaf community WITHOUT being ENEMY, ATTACKING and BACKSTABBING on each other for so many years!
Some SJIAA preferred labeled themselves as "Left Student" (not as "mainstream student"). Some did made good point that they feel "Left Behind Student" from Deaf Oral Catholic School, SJI and went to mainstream public school with no interpreter, no closed captioned and no CART provide before the 1990's ADA law passed from this link: http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/statutes/ofccp/ada.htm
Few SJIAA Left Students did informed me that they did transferred to Missouri School for the Deaf and that does not means they are "mainstream student"... They got good points! Just want to clarify to SJIAA officers... Thanks to some SJIAA Left Students for making me work too hard since they do not want to have some SJIAA blame on them for wanting to be label themsevles as "Left Students" not as "Mainstream Students" ... .
My Deaf son and his CI friend gone fishing with my hearing co worker, ITP student. We have some friends with Deaf CI. We do not blame them but they did learned so well from ASL Education. ASL education did helped some of CI Deaf children improve their speech and language better than only in orally deaf education.
Why still does the Oral Deaf education still teach some of CI children how to be enemy from other CI children who do have language and speech problems???? We need to have more peaceful Deaf education and Deaf community for our future. Have a very good day! I will not be able to have more time to read comment because Im busy full time working overtime mom.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Dear NAD - I already send my msg on this NAD's vlog link: http://blogs.nad.org/president/?p=15
Are we, the Deaf US Federal Taxpayers and Registered Voters STUCK with the US Government laws that oppressed ASL from the the National Campaign for Hearing Health was launched in March 1999 by Deafness Research Foundation? Deafness Research Foundation has 11 Congressional Hearing Health Caucus Advisory Committee groups:
1. Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (AgBAD)
2. American Academy of Audiology (AAA)
3. American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS)
4. American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
5. Auditory-Verbal International (AVI)
6. Cochlear Americas
7. Hearing Industries Association (HIA)
8. International Hearing Society (IHS)
9. National Court Reporters Association (NCRA)
10. Self Help for Hard of Hearing People (SHHH)
11. Siemens Corporation
Thank you, NAD for your nice email with the Valentine discount to join NAD member but first I need to make sure if you or any NAD officers already know who are the currently US Senators and US House Representatives involved in CHHC Comittee after the 2006 election votes?
Thank you so much for your patience time to watch my video and my message
Respectfully yours, Shawn Elfrink
Deaf New York Federal Taxpayers and Registered Voters, please do keep eyes on:
1. US Representative Jim Walsh (R-NY)- Co Founder of CHHC Committe. I do not think he will run for the next term.
2. US Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY)
3. US Representative Maurice Hinchey (D-NY)
4. US Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY)- Some of us Deaf US Federal Taxpayers felt hurt that she seems insulted us, the Deaf community but we do NOT KNOW if she did apologized to Maryland Association of the Deaf from this 2 links:
Thank you, Deaf New Yorkers for your understanding our Deaf US Federal taxpayers' sensitive and mixed feelings about US Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Deaf California Federal Taxpayers and Registered Voters, please do keep eyes on:
1. US Representative Lois Capps (D-CA)- She's a Registered Nurse???
2. US Representative Adam B. Schiff (D-CA)
3. US Representative Howard L. Berman (D-CA)
Deaf Florida Federal Taxpayers and Registered Voters, please do keep eyes on:
1. US Representative C.W. Bill Young (R-FL)
2. US Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL)
3. US Representative Michael Bilirakis (R-FL)- He already resigned but his son took over!
Deaf Connecticut Federal Taxpayers and Registered Voters, please do keep eyes on :
1. US Senator Joseph Lieberman (D-CT)
2. US Representative John B. Larson (D-CT)
3. US Representative Rosa DeLauro (D-CT)
Deaf New Jersey Federal Taxpayers & Registered Voters, please do keep eyes on :
1. US Representative Donald M. Payne (D-NJ)
2. US Representative Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ)
Deaf Minnesota Federal Taxpayers & Registered Voters, please do keep eyes on:
1. US Representative Jim Ramstad (R-MN)
2. US Representative Betty McCollum (D-MN)
Deaf Kansas Federal Taxpayers & Registered Voters, please do keep eyes on:
1. US Representative Jim Ryun (R-KS)
Deaf Hiwaii Federal Taxpayers & Registered Voters, please do keep eyes on :
1. US Senator Daniel Inouye (D-HI)
Deaf Illinois Federal Taxpayers & Registered Voters, please do keep eyes on:
1. US Representative Tim V. Johnson (R-IL)
Deaf Michigan Federal Taxpayers & Registered Voters, please do keep eyes on:
1. US Representative Vernon Ehlers (R-MI)
Deaf Pennsylvannia Federal Taxpayers & Registered Voters, please do keep eyes on:
1. US Representative Joseph Hoeffel III (D-PA)
Deaf Washington Federal Taxpayers & Registered Voters, please do keep eyes on:
1. US Representative Adam Smith (D-WA)
Deaf Iowa Federal Taxpayers & Registered Voters, I already LOVE this guy because I met him 3 times in my life!!! But please do continue KEEP contact US Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) for more feedbacks about CHHC update news!
Thank you so much! Have a very good day!! Bye gotta go run for my work!!!!
Monday, February 11, 2008
I want to thank Deaf Political Junkie's blog called "Why This Deaf Woman Supports Obama" somewhere on the way down below Deafread. AGBAD seems bribed Hillary Clinton not to have closed captioned from her website!!!???? Of course, AGBAD donated a lot of money to support Hillary Clinton for no closed captioned on her own website!
About State Commission for the Deaf from this link: http://www.idhhc.state.il.us/stateLocal/State_Commissions.html Wonder if there is America or US Commission for the Deaf/HH in Washington DC for us all Federal Taxpayers?? We need to catch up the legislations from the US Capital Hill closely... Just give my thoughts.
St. Louis weather advisory until 6 am on Tuesday (tmw). Today: Scattered flurries and snow showers. Some sleet may mix in. High 23F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snowfall around one inch.
Tonight: Snow this evening will taper off to light snow late. Some sleet may mix in. Low 21F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected.
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Deaf Taxpayer & Registered Voter (new vlogger) meet my home!
Sorry this video removed!!!
What happen to Deaf Republican Blog? (my subtitled video clip about 1 minute and half)
I agreed with Hoeyhemp's subtitle video "My Decision on Signing".
Hearing People's video about "E U G E N I C S" with no subtitles on video tube links:
10. you can type on "Eugenics" on search channel on this video link: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eugenics&search_type=&search=Search
Thanks for understand and saving my neck!